- 12-month maternity cover opportunity in our Brisbane Head Office, flexible work options available
- Utilise your travel management expertise to support Head Office and Program operations across the business
- Join a values-driven, global organisation operating in the international development sector
The Travel Manager is responsible for the management of all aspects of travel for Abt Associates Australia. They are the subject matter expert for all allocated program and business-related travel needs, policy compliance and relationship management.
Reporting to the Senior Program Delivery Manager – PNG, the Travel Manager will be responsible for, although not limited to:
- Coordinating all travel arrangements for corporate business and allocated programs, supporting travel requesters, managing traveller and travel management company interactions
- Leading the continued devolution of travel management to program teams, including managing and/or coordinating any educational and capacity building activities to support this
- Overseeing the implementation of travel management systems and software across the business, including managing system and software updates in consultation with IT
- Being the travel policy custodian ensuring compliance, maintaining updates, and strategically developing the organisation travel management processes to keep pace with both the evolving travel environment and health and safety needs of all travellers
Further details of the opportunity can be found in the Terms of Reference.
We are seeking an individual with:
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a similar travel management position
- Demonstrated experience arranging complex and multi-segment domestic and international travel using travel management systems such as Serko and Tramada (or similar)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of domestic and international reservation processes, faring, routing and ticketing procedures, and participation in end-to-end travel-related change management projects
- Customer service mindset and focus, demonstrated ability to build professional working relationships (internal and external) with an understanding of travellers’ concerns and challenges and ability to deal with changes in a calm, patient manner
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and effectively manage multiple tasks that require a high level of detail and efficiency, high level of autonomy and ability to summarise workloads effectively to management team where required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively cross-culturally
Further Information & How to Apply
Refer to the ‘View Position Description’ link to view full details of this opportunity.
Please submit your application online via the Careers Page of the Abt Associates website, including your CV and cover letter addressing how you meet the key requirements of this role.
You must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for consideration for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications close: Wednesday, 20 October 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates values individuality and celebrates difference with a strong commitment to diversity, equality, gender and racial equity and disability inclusion; we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding, to protect and prevent harm and abuse to individuals we work for and who work for us. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitation in any form, and expect everyone to be treated with respect and dignity.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates a mission-driven, global leader with a proven track record in complex program implementation in the international development sector. We offer bold solutions and technical excellence in Health, Economic Growth, Governance, Research & Evaluation, Environment & Energy, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion. Working with our many partners, we have driven measurable social impact for more than 55 years, to achieve our mission of improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. We operate in remote and challenging environments and employ more than 3,700 staff in over 50 countries. For more information about us and what we do, visit our website at www.abtassociates.com
Abt Associates acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters on which we live and work. We pay respect to elders both past and present.