- Short-term contract opportunity in our Brisbane Head Office, flexible work options available
- Dynamic, fast-paced role in a close-knit BD team working in the international development sector
- Knowledge of the international development sector, DFAT market and Asia Pacific countries preferred
As the Tender Specialist you will work within our dynamic Business Development team to provide support on major bids and lead end-to-end project management of high quality, client-focussed and compliant proposals. This role will have you working with delivery partners, subject matter experts, Abt’s Executive and project delivery teams.
In this role you will:
- Ensure business development processes are followed and proposals and tenders are submitted within often tight timeframes
- Work with a range of technical subject-matter experts to ensure Abt’s proposals are innovative
- Apply critical thinking to develop strategies, win themes and unique selling points
- Help Abt attract, identify and secure high-quality talent for proposals through strong Asia Pacific knowledge and networks
This is a short-term contract role (6-9 months) to support the growth of Abt Australia’s portfolio.
We are seeking an individual with:
- A passion for International Relations and hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (international relations, international development, public policy, business)
- At least two years’ experience in either a business development role or similar within the international development sector
- Strong planning skills with a flexibility to changing priorities, and the ability to prepare professional, high quality bids and tenders
- Strong knowledge of the international development sector, DFAT market and Asia Pacific countries is highly desired
Further Information & How to Apply
Refer to the ‘View Position Description’ link to view full details of this opportunity.
Please submit your application online via the Careers Page of the Abt Associates website, including your CV and cover letter addressing how you meet the key requirements of this role.
You must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for consideration for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications close: Wednesday, 29 September 2021 – midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates values individuality and celebrates difference with a strong commitment to diversity, equality, gender and racial equity and disability inclusion; we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding, to protect and prevent harm and abuse to individuals we work for and who work for us. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitation in any form, and expect everyone to be treated with respect and dignity.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates a mission-driven, global leader with a proven track record in complex program implementation in the international development sector. We offer bold solutions and technical excellence in Health, Economic Growth, Governance, Research & Evaluation, Environment & Energy, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion. Working with our many partners, we have driven measurable social impact for more than 55 years, to achieve our mission of improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. We operate in remote and challenging environments and employ more than 3,700 staff in over 50 countries. For more information about us and what we do, visit our website at www.abtassociates.com
Abt Associates acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters on which we live and work. We pay respect to elders both past and present.