- Full-time permanent position with flexible work arrangements available
- Opportunity to apply your ICT Security expertise in partnership with global stakeholders
- Values-driven, global organisation operating in the international development sector
Do you have a security mindset accompanied by a solid IT background and are on the lookout for your next career move, where your experience and enthusiasm for learning and problem solving will be highly regarded?
We are looking for a Cyber Security Specialist who will join our Information, Community and Technology team, where you will be based in our Brisbane Head Office and reporting to the Head of ICT. You will be responsible for coordinating cyber security across all hybrid on-premises and cloud-based platforms and processes for Abt Australia and Britain.
No day is ever the same and some of your responsibilities in this role will include:
- Providing and coordinate security advice, security awareness and compliance training plus other related cyber security education to improve the resilience of our people
- Coordinating security governance activities including Abt’s internal CyberMetrics maturity program reporting and the ICT security roadmap, as well as monitoring regulatory compliance requirements and changes
- Maintaining strong levels of stakeholder engagement across the Australia, Britain and United States business including Executive and Senior leadership teams
- Managing risk management activities including risk and incident analysis and remediation, as well as disaster recovery and business continuity processes and testing
- Coordinating critical incident response and recovery including continual improvement of relevant playbooks, policies, and procedures, as well as effective system security hygiene and vulnerability scanning and testing
You will become part of a close-knit ICT team where you can add value, and where your ideas and expertise can bolster our efforts to strengthen the cyber security capabilities of Abt Associates in Australia and Britain.
We are looking for someone with an appetite for all things cyber security as well as:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or a similar discipline, and relevant industry certifications would be highly regarded
- Minimum 2 years work experience in the IT sector, where your focus has been on security or you have had elements in your work
- Solid understanding of key IT components; networking, business systems, cloud computing and security specific tool sets
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, and be a keen problem solver
- Excellent time management skills, and the ability to prioritise and multi-task while proactively managing stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision to meet important deadlines
Refer to the Terms of Reference for details on desirable skills and knowledge.
Further Information & How to Apply
Refer to the ‘View Position Description’ link to view full details and key requirements for this opportunity.
Please submit your application online via the Careers Page of the Abt Associates website, including your CV and cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this role.
You must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for consideration for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
This position does not have a closing date however, we strongly encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
We welcome and thank all applicants however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates values individuality and celebrates difference with a strong commitment to diversity, equality, gender and racial equity and disability inclusion; we encourage applications from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding, to protect and prevent harm and abuse to individuals we work for and who work for us. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitation in any form, and expect everyone to be treated with respect and dignity.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates a mission-driven, global leader with a proven track record in complex program implementation in the international development sector. We offer bold solutions and technical excellence in Health, Economic Growth, Governance, Research & Evaluation, Environment & Energy, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion. Working with our many partners, we have driven measurable social impact for more than 55 years, to achieve our mission of improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. We operate in remote and challenging environments and employ more than 3,700 staff in over 50 countries. For more information about us and what we do, visit our website at www.abtassociates.com
Abt Associates acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands and waters on which we live and work. We pay respect to elders both past and present.