The Good Governance Fund Lot 2A is a Technical Assistance Facility (TAF) funded by the UK, which will provide the detailed design and delivery of tailored technical assistance and capacity building projects across Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
The Costing Officer, reporting to the Project Management Lead, is responsible for the effective pricing function and bid compilation for all technical assistance projects. S/he works in partnership with the Finance Manager, the Project Design Team, the Projects and Contracts Coordinator and the national coordinators in Georgia, Armenia and Moldova to ensure the most cost effective prices are achieved with consultants and vendors that are procured and contracted, including ensuring the finance portion of due diligence and downstream partner financial compliance with FCO’s code of conduct.
The position is also responsible for completing formalised templates in the production of TAF call down opportunities as well as assisting the Finance and Costing Manager in the UK Office with the completion of the DFID Proforma templates.
The Costing Officer will also:
- Assist the contracts administrator in pricing on procurement efforts including selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors on the project in compliance with FCO and Abt Associates procurement regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of consultancy agreements pricing for projects across the region; Ukraine, Armenia, Moldova, Georgia, to ensure that offers are within the agreed terms of the contract.
- Manage the provision of pricing databases from pricing negotiations and relevant country costing research, ensuring that these comply with donor benchmarks and Value for Money.
- Manage regionally specific fee rate benchmarking for inclusion in call down opportunities to ensure a standard salary structure across the programme specific to each country.
- Compile together with the programme staff and the Financial Manager bid budgets on any TAF call downs, recognising any regional government tax implications on the bid.
- Track and analyse financial data on the existing programme to inform new call down proposals.
- Assist with finance due diligence and downstream partner compliances tasks in accordance with Abt’s Due Diligence and Delivery Partner Guidelines and PMU/FCO requirements.
- Relevant professional training in costing, budgets and forecasting.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience in the costing and bid budget preparation of donor funded development projects, preferably with DFID or FCO-funded projects.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent organisational skills. Ability to meet deadlines for bid submissions.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and spoken English communications skills and ability to communicate effectively remotely with colleagues in Armenia, Moldova and Georgia.
- Legal right to live and work in Ukraine.
For Further Information and Application Details
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate's website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key requirements as outlined in the advert and in the Terms of Reference. A more detailed description of the programme is available to download from the vacancy page on Abt website.
The closing date for applications is 24 May 2020.
We welcome and thank all applications however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Please note, candidates will need to have the right to work in Ukraine.