- Based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea with Provincial travel
- Short Term Adviser role
The PNG Partnership Fund (PPF) has been selected to manage the delivery of immunisation support to provinces through its established competitive grants mechanism. DFAT established the PPF to address key human and economic development challenges within Papua New Guinea. PPF is managing a competitive grants process to identify Immunisation Support Providers who will support Province led immunisation efforts in up to 15 provinces: Western, East Sepik, West Sepik, Morobe, Madang, Gulf, Southern Highlands, Eastern Highlands, Western Highlands, Jiwaka, Chimbu, Enga, Gulf, Oro and Autonomous Region of Bougainville.
Role Summary – PFM Capacity Adviser (PFMCA) – PNG Partnership Fund (PPF)
The post-holder will work with the PPF Fund Manager and Immunisation Program Manager to develop and then support the implementation of PFM capacity-building plans in four priority Provincial Health Authorities: Morobe, Madang, Southern Highlands and Eastern Highlands. There may be scope to support a further five provinces in late 2019. The plans will result in these four provinces being able to utilise, and ensure compliance within, the provincial HSIP accounts to receive and manage Accelerated Immunisation Program funds.
The plans will be based on available evidence already commissioned by PPF and will involve close liaison with relevant Provincial Health Authorities, the National Department of Health (NDOH) and civil society partners to test feasibility and manage risk factors. The post-holder will work as part of a collaborative team to take forward capacity-building and compliance efforts.
The role will also involve working to support the national NDOH HSIP office, in collaboration with others through existing sector investments (HHISP).
- Post graduate qualifications or relevant field experience in business, economics, project management, development, social science, IT, economics, law, governance or another relevant discipline
- Good understanding of PFM, with the ability to translate theory into practice and deliver evidence based reporting.
- Ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders to collect, clarify, collate and share information.
- Understanding of Government Donor requirements on Program deliverables, and also of large-scale INGOs.
- Up to 10 years work experience in developing, refining, and implementing PFM frameworks and corresponding management plans and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in providing effective capacity building and training to PNG provincial and national government offices to achieve improved institutional capacity.
- Demonstrated ability in writing reports and providing analysis; preferably in international development and for donor and Government audiences.
- Experience developing and implementing gender equity and social inclusion strategies.
- High level analytical, written and verbal communication skills in English
Further information in regards to this opportunity and how to apply can be found in the Information for Applicants available from the Careers page of Abt Associate's website at:
Go to ‘Apply Now’, ‘Aus/UK Postings’ and by searching ‘By Country/ Region’ for Papua New Guinea, you will find this and all other roles currently being advertised for Abt Associates in PNG. Applications should be submitted online and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 1 September 2019 (Midnight, local time)
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.