Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
The Safeguarding Compliance Officer supports the development, implementation, monitoring and continuous improvement of quality policies, procedures, systems and processes to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, contractual obligations and corporate standards, with a broad focus on safeguarding areas of compliance.
- Business partner with key stakeholders to develop, implement, monitor and continuously improve policies, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with regulatory, contractual and company requirements, with a broad focus on safeguarding areas of compliance such as child protection, working with vulnerable people, the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment, modern slavery, workplace health and safety, whistleblowing, diversity and inclusion, and environmental safeguarding
- Act as policy custodian and first point of contact for clients, staff and partners in relation to those Abt Australia safeguarding policies that sit within the Legal and Risk Department
- Support the Risk and Assurance Lead with the associated training, risk documentation, incident management and client reporting required under those Abt Australia safeguarding policies that sit within the Legal and Risk Department
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships and high customer service standards with key stakeholders such as Abt Australia clients, policy owners and custodians, in-country Program leaders, and Abt Classic and Abt Britain counterparts
- Support the Risk and Assurance Lead with global and Abt Britain corporate compliance initiatives as needed
- Support the Corporate Compliance Officer with other Abt Australia compliance initiatives as needed
- Other reasonable duties as required
- Minimum 2 years’ prior relevant work experience
- Exposure to international compliance highly regarded
- Knowledge of safeguarding compliance management
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- High level problem solving and attention to detail skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated policy development, research and review skills
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple complex tasks and to respond to changing priorities
Further Information & Application
Other details of this opportunity can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications close: Sunday, 25 August 2019 – midnight (AEST)
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
You must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for consideration for this role. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.