An engaging opportunity in Abt Associates’ London office has opened for a Project Coordinator.
The Project Coordinator (PC) will be responsible for the following key functions:
- Supporting Project Managers with programme mobilisation and support, including contract, financial and risk management and reporting;
- Supporting Abt Britain to scale its work in the UK, including supporting the development of systems, processes and contribution to business development;
- Supporting a cross-cultural team across a variety of countries, as well as supporting the management of sub-contractors and consultants;
- Supporting – as appropriate – the writing and resourcing of bids
The PC will be reporting to the Senior Manager – Programme Delivery for all programme related work, and to the Recruitment Business Partner or Bid Manager for work on business development.
Programme Implementation & Delivery
The PC is to be accountable for programme support. Some of the specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting Project Managers in achieving a high level of client satisfaction with programme outcomes and ensuring compliance with the DFID supplier code of conduct
- Supporting management of contract requirements as necessary, in conjunction with the Project Director and Project Manager
- Financial management tasks, including the accurate project forecasting and budgeting;
- Cost tracking and management, client invoicing and reporting including value for money reporting, audit preparation and response
- Act as a point of coordination between Abt HQ corporate services (finance, ICT, HR, Legal and Risk) and project team
Programme and Staff Management
- Supporting the Project Manager in the identification and management of programme risks/issues;
- Support the Project Manager to ensure operational compliance, including the development of operational procedures;
- Supporting the implementation of planning, progress and finalisation documents and systems. For example: Annual Plan, Quarterly Forecasting, Resource Schedule/Budget, Recruitment Plan, Procurement Plan, M&E Frameworks and Risk Management Strategies;
- Supporting regular updates and contributing as appropriate to written reports as requested by the client
- Creating terms of reference for the recruitment of project staff
- Working with the Recruitment Business Partner to identify potential candidates for upcoming bids;
- Supporting the interviewing and assessment of candidates
- Formatting and writing CVs of bid candidates
The Programme Coordinator will have:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Experience working to deliver products to a specific timeline, with donor-funded projects experience preferred;
- Knowledge of relevant technical areas such as public health, governance;
- Knowledge of and experience with donor-funded bids is preferred;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to liaise with a diverse range of stakeholders and proven ability to coordinate activities amongst programme staff;
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to respond to a high workload in a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of service delivery priorities and challenges;
- Advanced in the use of MS Office, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and project management software, e.g. Microsoft Project
For Further Information and Application Details
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate's website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria as outlined in the Terms of Reference.
The closing date for applications is 31/08/2019 (BST)
We welcome and thank all applications however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Please note, candidates will need to have the right to work in UK.