- Full Time – Fixed Term Contract until 31 March 2022
- Based in New Delhi, India
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (ASCEND), is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). The objective of ASCEND is to achieve progress towards the 2020 NTD roadmap targets for the targeted NTDs across priority countries and to strengthen elements of the national health systems which are required for sustainable NTD control and elimination. The Programme will focus on five NTDs: lymphatic filariasis, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis, visceral leishmaniasis, and trachoma.
The Country Lead will oversee all technical and operational activities to Country and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, specifically the Government of India (GoI).
Some of the Country Lead responsibilities are:
- Lead on the country assessments and other deliverables of the inception phase in their respective countries. This will include a desk review of NTD literature and secondary data sources; primary data collection from key stakeholders on the current landscape of NTDs, working closely with relevant technical leads, such as supply chain, M&E, Political and Economy Analysis (PEAs) and providing input where needed
- Working closely with relevant officials in the Ministry of Health and other relevant ministries to identify needs and validate assessment
- Drafting of country programme implementation workplans, Theory of Change, Logframe workshops for their respective countries
- Overseeing the work of implementing partners in their respective countries in close collaboration with the Grants Officers, Regional M&E managers
- Facilitate the handover process of existing NTD programmes
- Providing relevant support to the Regional Supply Chain Manager to support the order import of donated drugs as well as support the procurement of commodities where relevant
- Overseeing the ASCEND programme implementation and technical assistance activities in India in line with the programme’s Terms of Reference
- Managing operations in India, including staff and consultant inputs with support from the Regional Offices and Global Delivery Manager
- Developing local and national expertise/capacity and deliver and operate in a diverse and complex multicultural environmental
The Country Lead will have:
- Proven track record of successfully working with national ministries of health to implement NTD programmes in low and middle-income countries
- Experience managing programmes in multicultural, complex environments with multiple stakeholders
- Experience implementing health systems strengthening interventions
- Experience working in India, preferably with the GoI
- Demonstrated ability to build influential networks and relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality results and impact within specified timelines
- Excellent written and spoken English communications skills
- Experienced and willing to work (and travel) in diverse cultural setting
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
For Further Information and Application Details
For a full description of the role and responsibilities, please check the Terms of Reference available for downloading.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate's website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria as outlined in the Terms of Reference
The closing date for applications is 20 August 2019
We welcome and thank all applications however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.