Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
Investing in Women
Investing in Women (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to improve women’s economic participation as employees and as entrepreneurs and influence the enabling environment to promote Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE). It commenced in April 2016 with operations in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar and is due to run through to June 2023. It is managed out of the Gender Equality Branch (GEB) of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra. The Program is supporting the following outcomes:
- More businesses achieve improved gender equality in their workplaces
- Intentional impact investments in women’s small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) increase
- Positive shifts in gender norms related to workplace gender equality
For more information, see www.investinginwowen.asia
Within the Market Building sub-component of P2, the Partnership Advisor – Impact Investing will oversee a portfolio of industry networks and intermediaries in impact investing and gender lens investing. The role will be responsible for:
- Managing engagement between IW and a range of strategic industry partners
- Implementing the P2’s investor engagement strategy
- Contributing to IW learnings agenda on private sector partnership to promote women’s economic empowerment
- Support the implementation and refinement of a well- targeted P2 Investment Plan (2019 – 2023), specifically around investor engagement and working with industry champions to build the business case for impact investors to take an intentional gender lens
- Provide technical inputs to the industry partnerships, including performance incentives and clear vision for results
- Lead appropriate due diligence assessments of new partners and monitor investment compliance, performance, and impact
- Manage a portfolio of industry partnerships (global, regional, and Australia)
- Oversee development and implementation of the P2 investor engagement strategy to move more Asian capital into impact investing and gender lens investing for the Target Countries
- Support the refinement of the business case for impact investors to take an intentional gender lens
- Actively promote P2’s agenda at related industry forums and conferences
IW Program Coordination
- Provide technical inputs on MEL findings to help build the business case for investments in women’s SMEs
- Contribute to P2 inputs for IW reporting (including Annual Plans), MEL reviews, and related communications material, such as brochures, website content, and social media outlets
- Submit travel reports and claims for reimbursements in a timely manner
Further information regarding other key duties is included in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’.
- Understanding of global fields of gender lens investing and impact investing, as well as opportunities created by Asian capital providers
- Ability to proactively engage, influence, and build relationships within regional and global impact investing industry, and with experts in gender lens investing
- Technical capability in investment and finance; knowledge building and investor relations; and/or quantitative analysis
- Ability to (a) deliver concise, intuitive communication material and (b) develop compelling knowledge products to engage the investor community
- Familiarity with, knowledge of, and/or experience working in gender equality and women’s economic empowerment issues, especially in South East Asia
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Further Information & Application
Further information regarding this opportunity, including how to apply, can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: 30th August 2019 - midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com