Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
Reporting to the ANKA Systems Lead, the ANKA Technical Developer will support the Data Analyst and other members of the ANKA Systems Team in developing and maintaining the national online data and information system (ANKA).
Undertake the day to day development activities for the ANKA System including but not limited to;
- Support other NPC team members in the timely delivery of program deliverables
- Support the delivery of the ANFPP core curriculum and program materials to partner organisations and internal stakeholders by contributing to presentation materials, user guides and the development of planned program materials
- Contribute to the development and ongoing maintenance of a low code development platform (OutSystems) as the ANKA solution, a cloud-based information system supporting the Australian Nurse-Family Partnership Program delivered by Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations and Health Departments across Australia
- Assist in the preparation of user acceptance testing plans and use cases for system testing
- Contribute to the design using problem solving and critical analysis skills in consultation with stakeholders
- Support the maintenance of the ANFPP Data Specification including change control and updates as required
- Undertake other reasonable duties as directed
- Travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in low-code software development platform e.g. Outsystems
- Demonstrated experience in SQL database building and maintaining
- Demonstrated experience in small to medium sized IT projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand data; transformation, mapping and cleansing rules and techniques
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to react positively to shifting priorities
- Sound understanding of general ICT technical knowledge
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with health-related data or applications would be an advantage
Further Information & Application
Other details of this opportunity can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications close: Thursday, 25th July 2019 – midnight (AEST)
Applications are to be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
You must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for consideration for this role. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.