- Locally Engaged Personnel
- Full time, 1 year (with possibility of extension)
- Based in Dili with travel to municipalities as required
The Australia Timor-Leste Partnership for Human Development (PHD) supports the Government of Timor-Leste’s Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 and reflects Australia’s commitment to work in partnership with Timor-Leste to enhance human development over the next decade. PHD’s goal is to strengthen social capital in Timor-Leste through strengthening services, increasing community engagement and linking civil society to decision makers to improve access to services. PHD supports sectoral investments in health, education, sanitation and water and mainstream nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection.
Abt Associates Australia is the implementation partner for PHD and is contracted until 2021 with a possible five-year extension.
The EMBLI Program Manager will be responsible for all aspects of PHD’s responsibility in supporting EMBLI program. This will be achieved by working closely with the Ministry of Education Youth and Sport (MoEYS) EMBLI Coordinator to build the capacity and effectiveness of the Edukasaun Multilingue Bazea Iha Lian (EMBLI) program under the MoEYS. Specific duties include:
- Support the MOEYS to plan, co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate the implementation of the EMBLI program.
- Support all aspects of program implementation including providing advice, troubleshooting and providing logistical and administrative support.
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation program function, including leading the data collection, report writing and data analysis.
- Support the EMBLI Coordinator in leading the coordination and support for regular meetings with PHD, regular updates to MOEYS and stakeholder meetings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in education with relevant program management experience in the education sector in Timor-Leste.
- Strong staff management and capacity building, able to lead and respond to a hig workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to build relations and interact with different levels of Government and community.
- Ability to facilitate two ways interaction and coordination between the organizations and government.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Tetum and English and high-quality report writing skills.
Further Information and How to Apply
Full details on the Terms of Reference for this position can be found from the Careers page of Abt Associates website at http://abtjta.turborecruit.com.au/job/job_search.cfm
Applications can be lodged through PHD Human Resources email firstname.lastname@example.org - please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and cover letter.
Closing date: Thursday 18 July 2019 (11pm Timor-Leste)
We welcome and thank all applications received, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.