Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader in research, evaluation and implementing programs in the fields of health, social and environmental policy, and international development. We work with our clients to implement bold, innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. Abt Associates is regularly ranked as one of the top 20 global research firms and one of the top 40 international development innovators. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors, contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Abt Associates is an organisation that has a personal commitment to its staff and as such we value the long-term relationships that we build with the people who work for us.
The Contracts Officer supports the enterprise contracting activities of Abt Australia and its programs and subsidiaries.
- Provide technical advice and undertake contracting activity in respect of Abt Australia’s (and its programs and subsidiaries) contracts, procurements and grants, including reviewing, negotiating and approving (in line with delegated authority) them as required
- Assist in the development, implementation and continual improvement of a pragmatic framework for contracting in consultation with program and corporate stakeholders, including the corporate policies, processes, templates and software systems supporting contracting, procurement and grants management
- Assist in the desktop monitoring (spot checks) of contracts and periodic reviews of internal contracting, procurement and grants controls, including in relation to devolved authority, for assurance in accordance with client and company requirements and to identify continual improvement opportunities
- Support business development in relation to the contracting aspects of new opportunities being pursued as needed
- Develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships and high customer service standards with all key stakeholders
- Other reasonable duties as required
- Minimum 2 years prior relevant work experience
- Experience in international development highly regarded
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High level problem solving and attention to detail skills
- Ability to travel internationally if required
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple complex tasks and to respond to changing priorities
Further Information & Application
Other details of this opportunity can be found in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications close: Sunday, 28 July 2019 – midnight (AEST)
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the key requirements listed above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
You must have full Australian working rights to be eligible for consideration for this role. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.