- Long Term Adviser Role
- Based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- Remunerated under the Aid Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF)
- Executive leadership opportunity
- Based in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
Abt Associates is managing an innovative governance initiative in Papua New Guinea, aimed at contributing to security, stability, basic service delivery and inclusive growth for all Papua New Guineans. Abt Associates is responsible for the design and implementation of most of Australia’s future governance portfolio under the Papua New Guinea-Australia Governance Partnership. Bringing governance activities under one umbrella, the facility will enable greater coherence between, and consolidation of, individual activities, effective gender mainstreaming, smarter administrative, contracting and management processes, and improved knowledge sharing and actions on lessons learned across the governance portfolio.
The COO is a critical leadership role in the facility, responsible for bringing a strategic and cohesive approach to managing operations across the partnerships, providing a holistic picture of organisational performance. Reporting to the Executive Director of the facility, the COO is an integral member of the Executive Leadership Team. The COO also attends regular senior meetings with DFAT officials to engage on whole-of-facility matters, ensuring the Australian Government is fully informed on facility operations.
As the head of Implementing Enabling Services, the COO also provides leadership to a strong team through benchmarking, systems improvements and enhanced coordination and consistency. This is particularly important as the facility matures its implementation in the second phase of the contractual period.
Key responsibility areas for the COO include leadership and strategic management, performance, financial management, risk management, organisation culture and gender and social inclusion and client engagement.
- Masters level qualifications in Accounting, Financial Management, Public Administration or Public Policy with a major in Accounting.
- More than 10 years’ senior management experience leading a corporate function, ideally as a COO of a large-scale company, managing AUD $100 million plus budgets.
- Excellent knowledge of corporate operations and reporting frameworks against industry standards
- Strong, demonstrable understanding of financial management structures, systems, processes and reporting requirements.
- Exceptional leadership experience with the capacity to offer high level strategic financial management and operational advice, particularly in the PNG/Pacific context.
- Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal skills with proven experience developing and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Experience in a developing country context essential and working cross-culturally.
For Further Information and Application Details
Further details regarding this opportunity and associated remuneration can be found in the Information for Applicants in the ‘View Position Description’ link at the top of this page.
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and MUST include a CV and covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications closing date has been extended to: Sunday, 28th July 2019 - midnight (AEST)
We welcome and thank all applicants however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.